As an elementary school teacher, the encouraging of summer reading is near the top of the list of End of Year activities. So, as this school year says goodbye and summer break says hello, I thought I’d create a little summer reading list of my own. If you know of a good book, please leave any suggestions!
- The Tao of Teaching by Greta Nagel – this one is part professional development for next school year and part learning on my path of Taoism.
- Living Tao – Ilchi Lee – this one is the next book up in my journey to learn more about the Tao – even though as you read these books, they basically tell you not to read the books as you can’t really learn the Tao through books. It’s ironic. But it boasts some good practices for inviting the Tao into my everyday life, so I’m giving it a go.
- The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne – last summer I read Winnie-the-Pooh for the first time in ages and because of the book I read earlier in the year connecting the Tao to Pooh, I’m keen to revisit this lovely tale again as well.
- The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu – I stumbled upon this one in Amazon’s recommended reads and the reviews sound great. Seem like two wise men to learn from.
- Mindsets in the Classroom by Mary Cay Ricci – I read Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck last summer (a great concept and read for any teacher), so I’m following it up this summer with this also highly reviewed book about using the growth mindset in the classroom (as you can tell by the title) 🙂
- Growth Mindset Coach by Annie Brock – not a reading type book mind, more of a handbook. But it’s on the list to prepare for next year as well.